A good portion of this information is directly copied from here. Sorry for stealing anons!
For people who don't know, someone asked why some people were upset at the way the community was being run. Finally people's tempers have cooled long enough for a few to write detailed posts and have a semi-decent conversation about it.
Some of these will repeat, but I think that is OK
- People who have tried to submit feedback have been shot down, turned away, ignored, or told to tell everyone not just debbie_chan.
- Some of the tags don't make sense nor are they all useful.
- There aren't tags to use for certain things - like new special programs, etc.,
- There is no discussion of what people are voting on - it is just done. We were told to present it to the members. That's nice and all, except we can't spam the community and no one has told us where to even present our case to the members. We get no say in things because there is no forum for such bits.
- Some of the people who have submitted feedback have been ignored or blown-off.
- At first I thought that banning sales posts would be good, but there are a lot of sales that are decent. And at least those make more sense than things that are directed to maybe 5-6 people (fan meet-ups, pictures of cosplaying, reports of fan meet-ups). Heck, I would rather see 10 sales posts than 1 post of "I made 1 icon - check it out!" It doesn't help that people ask where to find stuff or may want to buy things but aren't directed to the proper places. And now that sales aren't allowed they may be too scared to even ask. What about a weekly sales round-up?
- The whole idea of locking things that are illegal is preposterous. If the shows are considered illegal, then scans and icons and wallpapers should be as well. The management does not allow for their faces to be shown on-line (although that is slowly changing, although only for drama purposes). Why do you think there are no pictures of the idols on the Johnny's net site - the official site? If people are worried about law-suits, I would be more worried about the scans. Magazines are a lot easier to get outside of Japan than say a TV show that is only shown on a local station. I'm saying lock everything or lock nothing. Don't say one thing is any less illegal than the other - it is either illegal or it isn't.
- Many people are afraid that if they were to speak up that there would be retaliation from the hoards of people that over-react and don't bother to check their facts.
- The way that the community is supposedly a 'democracy' but there's no discussion in polls.
- The way that some people are given preferential treatment.
- The way that somebody is accused of being a 'mole' like it's a communist state.
- The way that she needs a poll to justify her existence; either choose her or some non-existence ex-moderator.
- The way that some illegal stuff are allowed but not other illegal stuff.
- The way that she refuses to listen to well thought comments by members or the community.
- The way that some shit posts are allowed to stay but not other wank.
- To those who say this community is a democracy: its never been truely democratic anyway because we weren't ever given the chance to decide who should lead... I mean run the place. They aren't running a country. There shouldn't be a need to hide what they are saying.
- If it was a democracy then the members would have more say in things. As it is it takes a lot of effort for them to even put up a poll. That is if we aren't told that our opinions don't matter (which they don't according to them).
- They will always give preferential treatment (i.e. allowing a fansub group to post even just once a month to locked posts) because that is how it has been from the start. What do we mean? That we weren't ever given a say in who runs this show.
BTW, some stats on the tags:
# of tags in news_jpop = 32
# of tags in kattunlove = 44
# of tags in kanjani8 = 89
Is there a need for so many tags? What is the difference between say 'worth buying' and 'worth buying: dvd'? Why are there so many tags for mod posts?
Speaking of tags - I don't know how to tag this.