First off, thank you everyone who showed interest in this project! I think its going to be something really really big and awesome and RAINBOW-EY!
Now, for the nitty-gritty details!
First, I shall collect mailing addresses.
Everyone who is interested in participating in this project should e-mail me their mailing address. My e-mail is email@example.com. What will happen is, you will be assigned a person to mail the journal to when you're done with it. This way, the only people who will ever see your mailing address are myself and the person who is sending you the journal.
The deadline for submitting your mailing address is February 13th.
I will e-mail everyone after the 13th with the address to send the journal to.
Now, for some general guidelines!
The Traveling Eighters Journal Rules and Guidelines
1. When you receive the journal, review the instructions on the first two pages.
2. Keep your introduction down to two pages, front and back.
3. You may write your introduction in your native language (if its not English) as long as you also translate it into English.
4. Decorate your page in anyway you like! Try not to use markers or other materials that will bleed through the pages. Stickers and doodles would be epic!
5. Please do not keep the journal for more than 7 days. If life comes up, I certainly understand. Just please e-mail me to let me know when you will be able to mail the journal to the next person.
6. Before you mail the notebook to the next person, I suggest either scanning your entry or taking a high quality picture of it to keep for your own documentation.
7. Notify me when you have shipped out the journal to your assigned address so I can let the person know that they should be expecting the package.
With this project, there is a risk of the journal getting lost in the mail. This is why every writer should scan or take a really good picture of their page for THEIR OWN documentation in case that happens. If it gets lost in the mail, then its lost. There's not a whole lot we can do other than hope it doesn't get lost.
Also, I will try to make sure that everyone is assigned to send the journal to a person that is from a different area than them. The whole goal of this journal is connect on a more personal level with Eighters from around the world. It would be nice if when you send the journal to put some sort of small or flat souvenir from your country (or state if you're from the United States) in the envelope as well! Its a nice little gift for a fellow Eighter :) Of course, you don't HAVE to do this, it is only a suggestion.
ALSO I don't know if everyone is comfortable with this or not, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Not trying to be a creeper, but I'm always wondering what other Eighters look like! If you're comfortable with it, paste a small picture of yourself in your entry! It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just like a picture you take with your webcam and printed from your home printer on regular paper or something.
I'd like to get the journal out by February 20th, so be quick to sign up!!
Again, e-mail your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this project! Don't forget your full name as well, so it gets to the right person.
Thank you all for your interest in this project! I'm so excited for it!
For those of you who have shipping concerns: Don't worry about time and money. I will make sure that you are sending the notebook to someone close enough to you that costs will be reasonable and the time it takes to arrive to the person is as short as possible.
Sign ups are officially CLOSED. Any addresses submitted will NOT be included in the journal project.