It looks like our Journal project has come to a halt. It seems the first person the notebook was sent to has not done anything with it and will not answer my e-mail, and has officially ruined the project for the rest of us. Gee, thanks!
So, I say let's go for PLAN B!
I don't know about you, but I like receiving mail! I propose we start a penpal project, where those of you who sign up will receive a penpal to write letters/send gifts to! The special thing about this penpal project is that its just for Eighters!
After the journal project's failure, I'm going to be VERY VERY strict about this project.
1. ONLY SIGN UP IF YOU HAVE THE TIME. Please do NOT sign up if you are unsure whether you will have the time to write a letter and mail it quickly.
2. Only sign up if you're serious about having a penpal. I don't want people e-mailing me saying they sent a letter and never got one back because you bailed on them.
3. If you want a penpal from your own country LET ME KNOW BEFORE I MAKE THE MATCHES.
4. Fill out the form below COMPLETELY.
5. Please only sign up if you will have the same address for an extended period of time. For example, if you're leaving your current address in a couple of months and you have no idea where you will be after that, DO NOT SIGN UP. However, if you are leaving school to return home, for example, and know what your address will be once you leave, then you are welcome to sign up.
6. When you write your letters, please don't write a small paragraph and leave it at that. Give your penpal something to really read!
7. If you would like to do a gift exchange with your penpal, communicate with them as to what they are interested in and give them something special, not garbage.
8. Once you know who your partner is, contact them via e-mail for their mailing address. DO NOT contact me regarding your penpal's address or any other information about your penpal.
9. Most importantly, try to have fun with this project and make a new friend or two!
To sign up for this project, fill out this form:
All comments are screened.
The last day to sign up for this project is April 1st. I will make absolutely NO exceptions if you apply after the deadline. I will start making matches and depending on how many people sign up, everyone should have a penpal to contact by April 15th.
I hope a lot of you participate! This should be a fun project!